Healthy Quinoa Pancakes and Ice Cream
With Pancake Day approaching, we look at how we can enjoy this delicious treat without worrying about how unhealthy it is.
Lindsay Benson, Kitbox ambassador and recipe developer, shares her favourite recipe:
- 50g quinoa flour,
- 85g greek yoghurt,
- 1 tsp baking powder,
- 1 tsp vanilla extract,
- 40 ml milk (semi/ skimmed/ almond/ hazelnut/ soya/ coconut),
- 30g ground linseeds,
- 1 egg.
- Add all the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend, on full power, until combined and smooth.
- Check the consistency. If the mix is a little too thick, add more milk. If it's too runny, add more ground linseeds.
- Melt some coconut oil in a frying pan, over a medium heat.
- Pour on the pancake batter, and wait until you see bubbles forming on the surface.
- Flip your pancakes, and cook for a further 1-2 minutes until golden.
- Serve warm and enjoy with Banana and Matcha Ice Cream
Banana and Matcha Ice Cream
- 2 bananas,
- 2 tsp matcha green tea powder,
- 30ml milk (of your choice),
- sweetener (optional).
- Peel the bananas and place in a blender, with the matcha green tea powder and milk (plus sweetener, if you've decided to use it).
- Blend until smooth.
- Place in a tub and freeze for 2-4 hours.
- Remove and serve over warm pancakes.
We hope you enjoy it, for more health benefits of quinoa click here