Our Favourite Summer BBQ Recipes
It looks like summer is finally going to make an appearance in the UK, so we thought we'd share some of our favourite BBQ recipes with you this weekend!
Spicy Chicken Kebabs
The first recipe is one of our own creations, and it's really simple. You can prepare them ahead of time, so they're ready to go when your guests arrive. For best results, you should make the marinade the day before, and let the chicken sit overnight in the fridge, stirring occasionally to make sure the chicken absorbs as much flavour as possible.
To make the marinade, you'll need the following ingredients:
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil,
- 3 tablespoons of tomato puree,
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic,
- 1 teaspoons of dried chilli flakes (add more if you like 'em extra hot!),
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin,
- Half a teaspoon ground coriander.
- Salt and pepper.
The above quantities work for 4 medium sized chicken breasts. If you're making more, you'll need to increase the amount of marinade.
You'll also need some chicken breasts, diced into decent sized chunks, and a selection of vegetables. Mushrooms, red onions, tomatoes and peppers all work well.
This bit's really simple:
- Chuck the ingredients for the marinade into a large bowl, and mix them together.
- Add the chicken, and stir to ensure each piece is well coated. Cover, and leave in the fridge over night.
- Thread the chicken onto your BBQ skewers, alternating with vegetables.
- To cook, place on the BBQ over a medium heat, and turn them regularly. They should be done after around 15 minutes, when they're cooked thoroughly and slightly charred on the outside!
More BBQ Recipes
One of the best things about summer is that it's relatively easy to eat awesome food, without messing up your nutrition. Here are some of our favourite, paleo-inspired BBQ recipes from across the web:
- Aubergine Burgers - this recipe, by Paleo Polly, uses grilled slices of aubergine instead of bread. Even if you don't plan to ditch the bread, you should still check this out just for the simple-but-effective burger recipe.
- BBQ Ribs - no BBQ is complete without ribs, right? London Paleo Kitchen's recipe is one of the best we've found; the sauce strikes the perfect balance between sweet and salty.
- Sam Briggs' Salmon Skewers - if you fancy adding a fish dish, these salmon skewers are really easy to make and taste awesome. If they're good enough for Ms Briggs, they're good enough for us!
- Sweet Potato Nachos - technically, Primal Eye's nachos aren't a BBQ recipe, but give them a try if you want to seriously impress your friends with your side dishes!